Fall cleaning, just like spring cleaning, is important for keeping homes and businesses clean, sanitary, and tidy. Since colder weather is just around the corner, many residential and commercial properties will be closing windows, running heating systems, and making more use of indoor spaces so it is important to properly prepare these spaces.
HVAC companies will be promoting their maintenance services, gutter cleaning companies will be taking advantage of the foliage making more of a mess than usual, and window washing businesses will be busy cleaning windows before they are kept closed for several months. If you own a cleaning business, fall is the perfect time of year to advertise and market your services too!
How to Prepare for Fall Cleaning Promotions
- Stock up on supplies. The last thing you want is to run out of supplies! Standard indoor cleaning supplies can be easily found and picked up when needed, but you’ll want to be sure you have plenty of other cleaning tools and chemicals like tile and concrete cleaner, spray bottles, gloves, floor squeegees, and brushes.
- Market your company’s services. Before you can find any additional fall cleaning customers, you’ll need to properly market the services your cleaning company offers so people can know about it. You can accomplish this by using a mix of both new and older marketing strategies including promoting your fall cleaning services (and any discounts associated with them) on your website and social media profiles; sending out newsletters and email marketing campaigns; and advertising in newspapers, flyers, or on local radio or TV.
How to Promote Fall Cleaning
You’ll want to consider and remember to promote these services. Whether or not your market all of them will depend on whether your company offers indoor and/or outdoor cleaning.
Outdoor Fall Cleaning and Maintenance
- Patio and driveway cleaning/pressure washing
- Change/clean HVAC filters
- Cleaning gutters and downspurts
- Window cleaning
- Rust removal
Indoor Fall Cleaning and Maintenance
- Cleaning awnings
- Dusting fans, lights, and lamps
- Cleaning windowsills
- Deep carpet cleaning and shampooing
- Kitchen/bathroom tile and grout
- Inside and behind refrigerator and stove
- Inside kitchen cabinets
- Seal and/or polish granite countertops
- Steam cleaning furniture and other upholstery
- Wipe TV and computer screens
- Washing curtains